Saturday, May 23, 2015

First Five for Friday!


We are almost done with this school year!! Isn't that crazy? My children are so stoked about our last 12 days of school but of course with the end of the school year comes all of that fun testing part... :( ... However that is one of their favorite things to do, I hope they still like it in a few years from now! Anyways, this week I decided to finally link up my blog to Five for Friday! So here we go!! 

1. We created 3-D shapes with our colorful marshmallows and toothpicks! They said, "Oooh! Ms. Parra I know why you brought these colorful things! Because you love everything in color!!" Well I think by this time they know that I have a first grader inside me as well! 

2. I went to the Dollar Store couple of weeks ago and look what I found! Colorful and beautiful "Slappers" ;) They are perfect for our favorite game! Slap the word! Everyday on Literacy Centers my children get so happy when they have slap the word...well now with these brand new toys they are way happier! 


3.  Our last Field Trip of this year! We went to a strawberry farm to pick up some strawberries...overall this was my favorite field trip ever! I had some little ones who brought some hats! They were precious! Each one of them got to bring home a basket full of strawberries! 

4.  My school follows Imagine it for our ELA block and we are on the unit about homes. Our story this week was Snail's Pace, we found why snails are so slow! They have to carry their home everywhere! So after we read we played a little game to see who was the best snail in class! I called them by groups, they had to get their backpacks  and I put on their backs some books (to pretend that was their home, oh and the books are not too heavy ;) ) Then it was time to race! My first group rushed and all of their "homes" fell! We learned that snails are so careful and they MUST move slowly. Then another group went and one boy kept on winning all of the races! He was so careful and slow yet kept a good pace! I added a few more books because he deserved a bigger home! Well guess what he won! I got to put 8 books and he never dropped any!  The kids had a blast and we learned about snails!! 
Ready to Race! 

Our best Snail!! We has a blast! 
5. It's Friday! on Friday I check our magic mailbox and look! The mailbox is about to explode! My class has some special friends that write to them every week...Fairies! Every afternoon we read books and we have been hooked on the collection of Rainbow Magic Books ! They are simply amazing and has been reason number 1 for them to start reading chapter books! Well this weekend I have to write my kiddos back!

Our Magic Mailbox that goes to Fairyland !

Well this was my week! Happy three day weekend!!!!



3 comments:

  1. I love your snail race! What a fun learning experience!

    Shine on in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They really enjoyed it and kept asking at the end of the day, Can we play the snail game again please??

      :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete